Weekly Parent Bulletin
Friday, 9th July 2021
NEW: Message from the Principal - Revised Government guidance for schools
Following the Government’s announcement on Monday and the revised Guidance For Schools released on Tuesday, I am now writing with further details about changes to Covid19 measures from Step 4.
The Prime Minister has announced that, pending a further review of scientific data next week, England will be moving to Step 4 lifting of restrictions from 19th July. A summary of what that means for Bodmin College is outlined below:
Rest of Summer Term:
- For the most part, there will be no changes for the final 2½ days of term.
- Ventilation will still be in place for all classrooms and indoor spaces
- Regular handwashing/sanitising will still be in practice in classrooms, canteens and at entrances
- Regular cleaning and hygiene practices will remain in place
- Face-coverings remain strongly encouraged in corridors, communal areas and transport
- Twice weekly asymptomatic (LFD) self-testing will continue until the end of term
- Staggered timings, year group areas and movement plans will continue until the end of term
- Anyone with symptoms or a positive test result (LFD or PCR) must isolate and inform us as per the original guidance.
What will change on 19th July?
If the Government announces that Step 4 will commence as planned, we will no longer be required to identify and isolate close contacts. Instead this will be carried out by NHS Track and Trace. However, we will continue to liaise closely with Public Health Cornwall and should an outbreak occur, contingency plans will be in place to contain this.
For full information for parents and carers on the Government guidance, click here.
We appreciate that you may be wishing to finalise plans for your holidays so please be assured that further information about Bodmin College arrangements for September including mass-testing ahead of the start of term and during the summer holidays will follow early next week.
REMINDER: Upcoming calendar dates
Wednesday 21st July - last day of Summer term finishing at 1pm (Year 7/8) and 1.10pm (Years 9, 10 and 12)
Tuesday 10th August - 6th Form and A Level Results Day - 9am-11am
Thursday 12th August - Year 11 and GCSE Results and Enrolment Day - 9am-12pm (Year 10 may collect their GCSE English Literature results from 1pm-3pm)
Friday 13th August - 6th Form Enrolment Day - 9am-1pm
REMINDER: Dates for the start of the new academic year
These dates are subject to changes depending on Government Guidance and are correct at time of writing:
- Year 7 and Year 12 start on Tuesday 7th September – normal school day 8.50am – 3.30pm (then in as normal from this date on).
- Year 11 and Year 13 start on Wednesday 8th September – normal school day 8.50am – 3.30pm (then in as normal from this date on).
- Years 8, 9 and 10 start on Thursday 9th September – normal school day 8.50am – 3.30pm (then in as normal from this date on).
NEW: Free school meals vouchers
The college has recently been advised by Cornwall Council that they will be extending the free school meal voucher scheme throughout the summer holidays. Therefore, you will receive an email from Edenred containing a code to redeem for a voucher to use at a supermarket of your choice for the value of £90.00 per eligible student as before. If you are unsure of the scheme or new to free school meals, please contact the college through the website and we can forward the guidance.
This is a very recent development from the Council and our understanding is that the voucher scheme is in addition to the Time2Move activity and food scheme they have also arranged for the summer holidays.
REMINDER: Parent Pay accounts
Please ensure that you have added funds to students' Parent Pay accounts prior to them purchasing food at the canteen. To avoid any system delays, it would be advisable to check accounts the night before and top up accordingly. The college also has machines where students can top up accounts with cash; this is then added to accounts immediately.
If you have not activated your Parent Pay account and need the codes, please email: email@example.com.
REMINDER: Free period products
For students who would like to take a pack of products home over the summer holidays, these are available either by asking tutors, emailing Mrs Bray (firstname.lastname@example.org) or there are also some packs which can be collected from the table in reception by parents or students.
Don’t forget to record ALL Home-Test results in TWO ways:
2. Bodmin College: PARENT/STUDENT Covid19 Home Self-Test Result Reporting
To inform us of a positive test result, contact us on 01208 72114
Out of Hours Covid Line: 07826 637936 / 07780 051728