Reopening of Schools to All Students
23rd February 2021
RE: Government Announcement – Reopening of Schools to All Students
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement last night, I am very pleased to inform you that we will be welcoming all students back to college during the week commencing 8th March. The actual start dates for each year group will be staggered to allow for all students to be offered Covid-19 lateral flow testing as they return. I will write to you again towards the end of this week with the exact dates and arrangements for each year group.
A summary of the key points from the government announcement are outlined below:
• Schools and colleges will reopen to all pupils during the week commencing 8th March.
• Lateral Flow Covid-19 testing will be offered to all secondary school students and staff.
• Secondary schools may need to stagger the return of their students to allow everyone to be offered safe access to the lateral flow testing.
• Protective measures across education will be strengthened, with secondary school students and staff advised to wear face coverings in all areas, including classrooms, where social distancing cannot be maintained.
I know that you and your child will have questions regarding the arrangements for this much welcomed return. I would like to reassure you that we are currently reviewing the updated government guidance in conjunction with our planned provision and risk assessments to ensure that all students are supported appropriately in the safest return possible.
I will write to you again before the end of the week with detailed information about these arrangements including;
• specific return dates,
• testing information and protection measures,
• academic support and pastoral support,
• attendance information (including advice for those who are clinically extremely vulnerable ).
In the meantime, our reception remains open for your enquiries and our contact us emails are monitored daily. Due to the current restrictions, we may not be able to respond to every email individually but please be reassured that where an individual response is not possible, we will address your queries via our regularly updated parent FAQs. Information is also available on the special covid19 section of our website.
Finally, thank you to everyone who participated in our recent parent and student remote learning surveys. Your feedback is much appreciated and we very much look forward to welcoming your child back to school soon.
Mrs Emmie Seward-Adams